Northland Conference Championship Meet
All swimmers who compete in three dual meets and meet the qualifying time in an event will earn a place at the Conference Championship meet held at the end of the swim season at the Tiffany Springs Aquatic Center. Swimmers are allowed to swim in three individual events at the conference meet and each team may enter one Medley and one Free relay for each age group/gender.
SPIRIT AWARD - On Tuesday night at Conference, all teams will vote for the Spirit Award based on Theme, Enthusiasm, Banner, Sportsmanship, Participation, and Costumes/Attire.
In order to qualify for the Conference Championship meet, a swimmer must participate in three (3) dual meets and achieve a qualifying time for a specific event. To see the Conference Qualifying times click here .
Our Conference Qualifiers List - click here
Entries are due by Wednesday at NOON on the meet called New Mark NSC Champs (entries only) on the Schedule & Events Tab.
Championship Meet Schedule
The Conference Championship is a very large swim meet, taking place over the course of three days. It includes prelims and finals, with the top 16 swimmers in each age group from prelims advancing to the finals. Each night will begin around 5:45pm.
ARRIVE NO EARLIER THAN 3:30 PM EACH NIGHT
Prelims - Night #1 -
This night will be for qualified swimmers in the age groups of 8 & Under (boys and girls), 9-10 (boys and girls), and 11-12 (boys only). ALL individual events AND medley relays. Medley Relays will take place AFTER individual events as finals for each of these age groups.
Prelims - Night #2 -
This night will be for qualified swimmers in the age groups of 11-12 (girls only), 13-14 (boys and girls), and 15-18 (boys and girls). ALL individual events AND medley relays. Medley Relays will take place AFTER individual events as finals for each of these age groups.
Finals - Night #3 -
This night is for top 16 in each age group for each event from the prelims events. Additionally, all Free Relays will take place as finals on Wednesday night.
***At the conclusion of each event, the top 16 finishers and 2 alternates will be announced. These swimmers will then have 30 minutes to declare their “intent to scratch”. Coaches will work with families in case a swimmer is unable to swim in the Finals on Wednesday night.
New Mark's Warm-Up time will be as follows each night - Full Warmup Schedule HERE
Monday- July 22th Prelims all U8, all U 9-10, and 11-12 Boys and Medley Relays of these age groups.
TBA: warm-up pool
TBA: competition pool for starts (1-5 from blocks, 6-8 bulkhead)
*Meet starts at 5:45pm
Tuesday-July 23th Prelims 11-12 Girls, all U13-14, and all 15-18 and Medley Relays of these age groups.
TBA: warm-up pool
TBA: competition pool
*Meets starts at 5:45pm
Wednesday-July 24th Finals all age groups Top 16 with spot 17 and 18 as alternates and Free relays all age groups.
TBA: warm-up pool
TBA: competition pool
*Meets starts at 5:45pm with Tuesday night's Medley Relays
Meet Mobile (NO Swimtopia)
Unfortunately, Swimtopia does not have a championship meet “function” YET, therefore we are not able to use their app. However, you can use the Meet Mobile app (which will cost $2.99 per month or $6.99 annually) to see posted results. Results will also be posted as soon as possible on the concrete walls by the restrooms. You will find your swimmer’s heat and lane assignments in the Conference heat sheet.
***Conference Heat Sheets cost $5 (cash) and contain information for Monday and Tuesday nights. Separate heat sheets will be printed containing “finals” information and sold Wednesday night for $5. Cash Only! The heat sheet table will be located inside the pool gate by the crash areas directly to the LEFT. There will be signage posted.
Meet Volunteer Jobs
As you know, our dual meets each week this Summer have not been possible without parent volunteers. The same is the case for our Championship Meet. We will need plenty of volunteers to make it run as well.
We need you!
Conference Jobs are posted for each night on Schedules & Events tab.
Also, remember that each family needs to complete at least (4) volunteer jobs over the course of the season in order for their swimmers to participate in the Championship Meet. Families with swimmers competing in Conference Champs meet will also be required to complete one additional job during the 3 days of this meet.
The main parking lot at the Aquatic Center is for handicap parking, head coaches, presidents, officials and vendors ONLY - all of which will need to have a hang tag. There will be parking attendants directing the traffic flow. Please park in the areas provided.
At Tiffany Springs, NO PARKING IS ALLOWED IN THE VETERINARIAN'S OFFICE PARKING LOT, and NO PARKING IS ALLOWED ON THE GRASS BETWEEN THE POOL AND CONGREES AVE.
Suggestion: Find a spot on the street as close as you can be to the pool.
Cars parked in No Parking areas WILL BE TICKETED AND TOWED AT THE OWNER'S EXPENSE.
Please be careful of pedestrians and refrain from leaving any valuables in your vehicles.
Tiffany Springs Aquatic Center Pools
The Tiffany Springs Aquatic Center includes a competition pool as well as a water park with slides, fountains, etc. The water park areas are off limits to swimmers and spectators except for the splash pad for younger siblings. Do not cross barriers or disobey safety marshals. Please be respectful of other spectators, we all have children that we want to watch and celebrate.
Swimmer and Spectator Conduct Reminders
- NSC will provide a roped off area around the pool for officials. The areas will be labeled. Swimmers and spectators are NOT allowed inside of the roped off areas or in front of the Administrative table or timing console.
- Swimmers and Spectators are not allowed to approach officials regarding decisions or the administrative table regarding results or challenges. Any challenges or questions MUST go through each team's Head Coach and follow the proper procedures.
- Swimmers are not to hang on the lane lines during warm-ups.
- The warm up and cool down pool areas are for swimmers entered in the meet only and are for warm ups and cool downs ONLY.
- There is NO recording allowed from behind the blocks.
- No parents are allowed behind the blocks unless they are assigned to that session's designated volunteer job that requires it.
- Recording devices and cameras are NOT permitted in Lockers Rooms, Bathrooms or changing areas.
- All swimmers, parents, and spectators are expected to abide by the rules of the Tiffany Springs Aquatic Center, the Northland Swim Conference and USA Swimming. Any person who does not adhere to these rules will be escorted from the meet and will not be allowed to return for the remainder of the meet
At Tiffany Springs Aquatic Center, no outside food or drink may be brought in or consumed in the pool area with the exception of bottled water. Swimmers and parents may possess and consume personal food and drink in the crash areas outside the fenced pool area. No grilling will be allowed in the crash areas.
Alcoholic beverages of any kind are prohibited. Smoking is prohibited in the crash area and inside the fence of the facility.
The following food and beverage options will be available for purchase all three nights and can be consumed inside the pool area at the picnic tables:
- Hy-Vee (located by the parking lot) - hamburgers, hotdogs, pulled pork, chips & drinks - CASH ONLY (possible Venmo).
- Rise Nutrition (located inside the pool area) - menu coming soon - CASH OR CARD accepted!
- Monday and Tuesday - Island Ice (located outside of the main gate of the facility) - snow cones - CASH OR CARD!
- Wednesday - Dippin Dots - (located outside of the main gate of the facility) - CASH OR CARD!
- Leigh’s Tees (located inside of the pool area) - a variety of conference clothing along with other swim related screenprints - CASH OR CARD!
- Swim Gear/Equipment - Swim Quik will be onsite.
What to Pack
Just as our dual meets earlier this season you should plan to bring all your gear and don't forget your Stingray Spirit! Here are a few suggestions from our veteran families.
- Tent or some source of shade
- Lawn Chairs
- Blankets and tarp for the ground, not to wrap up in.
- Cooler with all your swimmer's favorites (pack plenty of water as it could be hot)
- Cash for a heat sheet (this one is a little more expensive as it is good for both prelim nights)
The Conference Meet Coordinators will assign each team a specific crash area outside the fences at the swim park. So join the Stingray fever!
Tiffany Springs Aquatic Center9400 N Congress Ave, Kansas City, MO 64153, USA — Directions